Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My very sleepy thoughts!!

So, It is 3:45 am and I am still awake! This week I have been having problems sleeping cause I hurt too bad and can't get comfy, but tonight it's the worst! The last two nights I have tossed and turned and got a little sleep, but tonight sleep isn't coming, which is really a bummer cause I am so tired, but I know that this happens to everyone and it's just something that I will have to live with! Thank goodness for facebook and my blog to keep me busy! I really should be doing homework, but I am afraid I am a little too sleepy for that and wouldn't remember what I have learned and that wouldn't do anyone any good at all. So, as soon as I am done with this post, I will try again to sleep and see if it comes!!
While I was looking at backgrounds to update my blog for Christmas, I decided that this was the only one that represented the real meaning, which I have been thinking a lot about lately! Our Christmas is not going to be an expensive one in any way, shape or form. Friends that we usually buy for are going to have to just get a card or something this year cause we could only buy for family and that didn't add up to much! But as I was a little depressed about this, I realized that some of the best Christmas' are the meager ones. You sometimes are allowed to focus on the Savior more than the gifts!! My parents surprised us with the best gift ever of plane tickets so we could go home for Christmas this year. This was our year to be with my family and we screwed that up by getting pregnant. There is no way I should be sitting in a car all the way to Vegas to get home, so we rearranged things a bit and was going to spend Christmas with Tom's family and Thanksgiving with mine. When they got us the tickets though I was so excited cause we could stay on our normal schedule, but more importantly, it's Kyle's first Christmas since he's been home from his mission, Jane's first Christmas as an official part of the family, and my grandma is going to be there too. She is taking a turn at each of her kids houses each year and there are six kids, so this wouldn't happen again for at least six years! Another reason I am so excited is that my parents will get to see me so far along in my pregnancy. I have changed a lot since my mom has seen me last and even more since I have seen my dad! My grandma, Kyle and Jane haven't seen me in quite a while too, and I am excited for that! Probably the next time they see me, my stomach will have deflated some, and our little Jaycee will be in my arms instead of my belly!!
Wow, I am rambling tonight, good thing I am not doing my homework! Back to the true meaning of Christmas! When we told my mother in law that plans had changed and we were going to spend Thanksgiving with her and Christmas with my family, she was so excited for us! Then her and Melinda decided that they would go work at a soup kitchen on Christmas morning! How amazing is that! If that doesn't say the love of Christ, I don't know what does! I am so excited that Jaycee's Nana and Auntie are such amazing people who know their Savior and serve Him every day of their lives!!
He has done so much for me in my life and I love that this time of year, I can take time out to really think about my blessings and what He has done for me!! I am so grateful for the Atonement where I can repent for the things that I have done wrong, and He takes my burdens upon Him! He actually makes me whole again! What greater love!! I hope that I can teach Jaycee to love Him as much as I do and I hope that she will gain an appreciation for what He has done for her!! I have chosen the best Daddy Jaycee could possibly have to help me do this! Tom is a man who has a very deep testimony of the Savior and what He has done in his life! I am so glad that he is mine forever and that we can take this parenthood journey together!
Well, I better close this before it turns into a book of random thoughts! Have a good night all, and wish me luck for getting some sleep!!