Saturday, January 23, 2010

14 days left!

So when people ask how much longer, I say two weeks, but when I saw the little countdown thing on our blog just barely and it said 14 days, I kinda got butterflies! It seems so close! Jaycee's mommy and daddy are definitely ready for her to join us! I feel very ready, and maybe this is my downfall! I know there are things that I am sure I have forgotten and things that I have not thought about, but I feel like I have done everything I want to do before she is born. My house may not be perfect, but I feel really good about everything! I was talking to Tom today and he is really excited for her to be here too! I love hearing that! Just to think that this little person that we have created because we love each other will be here shortly it so amazing to me! It makes me so grateful to a loving Heavenly Father for allowing life to continue on this way! For us to be able to have our own children is such a great gift, and she's not even here! Now don't get me wrong, I am not going into this blind. I know that being a parent is NOT going to be easy!! There are probably going to be lots of tears on all 3 of our parts along this journey, but I have an amazing partner to share all this with, and I wouldn't want to do it with anyone else!! As I have sat and pondered about this upcoming change in our lives, it absolutely amazes me how much I love her already! I haven't even seen her, and I am in love! I can't imagine the intense things I am going to be feeling when I do finally see her!! I have dreamed about what her personality is going to be like, and I hope she is a lot like her daddy! There are so many reasons I have fallen in love with him and I hope she takes on those good qualities! I have dreamed also of what Tom's face is going to look like when he sees her for the first time and when he holds her for the first time! I know that I can't even fathom how I will feel and how great it will be! I am so excited about the Spirit that will be in the room! I am pretty sure Tom's dad and some other loved ones who have passed on will be close by and I hope Tom can feel his dad so strong! What an amazing time in our lives!! I can't wait for her to be here! I am trying to be patient, and praying for patience every second of every day!!

I had an amazing baby shower today with people from work! It was so much fun and I am so grateful to the people who threw it and all the people who came! Jaycee got so many great things! She is one spoiled little girl!! I am so grateful for how giving people have been toward us! We have been truly blessed!!