Thursday, November 6, 2008

We are SO blessed!

So, I applied for a couple of jobs and had some interviews. Endo was just feeling like a downhill battle for so many reasons! Well, I had an interview at Primary Children's in an office setting and was so excited about it! I had everyone praying that if it was the Lord's will, I would be able to get this job. Well, they called me for a second interview and I was STOKED! I would have more normal hours, wouldn't have to wear scrubs to work anymore and could actually feel like a person, and NO MORE CALL! This was the perfect opportunity! So I went to the temple yesterday and had such a neat spiritual experience! So spiritual and so neat that I tear up ever time I think about it and it's just too sacred to talk about! Well, not related to that at all, or maybe it is, I had this feeling that the job was not right for me and I needed to stay right where I was. I thought that was weird, but the natural woman that I am, I kind of pushed it out of my mind and actually made up my mind last night that if they did offer me the job this morning that I would totally accept it! Well, I was on time and the doctor interviewing me was 50 minutes late! I thought this was a little frustrating esp. cause a great friend was covering my shift so I could be there and I needed to get back to work so she could have her day off! But frustrating as it was I was grateful to just sit in the waiting room. There were few patients and so I was in there by myself for the most part! I folded my arms and didn't really close my eye's but just thought and prayed for that whole 50 min. I was grateful to be able to communicate with my Heavenly Father, but I was also so grateful that he was communicating with me! I started thinking how great it would be to have this job and everything got very blurry! My stomach began to hurt and I was so confused about what to do. Then a thought just popped into my head, "Why are you leaving?" I tried to argue my point and the sickening feeling got worse! As I began to think about how great I really had it, and what a benefit my job had been in my life and could be in the future, everything got clear. My sick stomach was completely gone, and the confusion was gone! I had got my answer, now would I listen? I still went through with the interview but it was so weird. They really didn't have anything to say to me and I didn't have anything to say to them. There was a weird silence that was very uncomfortable most of the time! Another answer to prayers I feel! I got to work and told my boss I was staying! A load was taken off my shoulders! Literally! I was actually happy at work today! I know things will get better! They have already improved significantly! I don't know what I was walking into and it might have turned out to be a good job, but what would I miss in the future if I had gone against what I felt was right? I hate to even think about it! I am so grateful to a loving Heavenly Father who gently pushes His children in the right direction yet still allowing us our agency! I am so grateful that He kept pushing until I finally pulled my head out and decided to listen!

On a bit of a different note, I have to say that I was very disappointed by the turnout of the election! I am a little frightened to have this man lead our country. However, the thought keeps coming to my mind, "Faith and fear cannot reside in the same place at the same time!" The morning after the election I woke up with just a great sence of peace! I know who is really running the show and I just have to be righteous and follow His prophets and I do not need to fear! We have been told in scripture that we have some trying times ahead! I fully believe this! I also fully believe that if we heed to the council of the Lord and do what we can do to get out of debt, build up our food storage, and get our spiritual lives in order we will be blessed! I do have to add how grateful I am that Proposition 8 passed! We do still have some people in this world that follow their moral compass!