Monday, November 17, 2008

We are truly "BLESSED"!

So, Tom and I have been stressing about some things in our life. Tom was told when he first started school, that he would have to have an apprenticeship job by January to be able to go on in the program! Tom has been trying, but with the economy being so bad, he hasn't found anything yet! He doesn't want to have to take this semester all over again, so when he found out today, from the head of the electrical apprenticeship program, that he had until next August to get a job we were both extatic! We have been really trying to get out of debt lately and my hours at work went from 12 hour shifts to 10's. I have to go in one more day a week, but I am actually getting just a bit of overtime, which will help so much! Another blessing! Well, the reason that I have thought of these as really special blessings, is that Tom was stressed about things above and beyond what he could handle the other night! We asked this guy in our ward, Charlie, to come give Tom a blessing! He and his sweet wife, Chantel, came over and just chatted with us until after midnight. They were so nice, they weren't even worried about the time! It helped to calm some of our fears and stresses just by talking to them, but then when Charlie gave Tom the blessing, the Spirit was so strong in the room that I just burst into tears! I know that the blessing was for Tom, but I felt truly blessed as well! It is neat to see some of the things that the Lord blessed Tom with come to pass, even if they are not quite the way we expected them to be taken care of! This job thing is only one of many answers to prayers and testimony to me that the Lord truly is aware of us and is ready and waiting to give us what we most need in this life, not necessarily what we most want! I know I am totally rambling! Part of that is due to the fact that my heart is so full of gratitude right now for my Heavenly Father and all of our blessings that I can't possibly get them all down on paper, and another part is that I am so tired after a long day at work, that I can't think straight! All I know, is that we are truly a blessed people and the Lord is ALWAYS watching out for us!