Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thanksgiving Fun and Time with Family

So, I know this is a little late, and I don't have any pictures, (I think I left the disk at mom and dad's) but I just thought I would post about our Thanksgiving! It was a blast. We left for Las Vegas when Tom got off work at about 10 pm. I already had the car packed and went to pick him up, I was all emotional cause I didn't get everything done I wanted before we left town, but my sweet husband just held me for a minute and reassured me that it was gonna be okay and we could just do these things when we got back. He reminded me that this was a happy time and we were going to have fun! So we drove and drove and drove. I couldn't handle it anymore and fell asleep just after Cove Fort and woke up befor the first Beaver exit. It wasn't a very long nap, but it was just what I needed. Tom spoiled me and drove the whole way, even though I offered multiple times to give him a break! It was nice to just sit back, relax, and be with my hubby! When we go on vacation the drive is usually our funnest part!
We got to Vegas at 5 am Utah time and 4 am Vegas time Thursday morning. We woke my mom up to tell her we had made it, I helped her get some things out of the freezer to thaw and then it was off to bed. We weren't having dinner until 12 and I had decided I was gonna sleep until at least 11. That was until Dillon, my cousin's little boy started crying at 7:30 am. I got up, got something to drink and tried to go back to bed but I couldn't, too many people were awake and I didn't want to miss out on a minute of what was going on because we only had a short time there! We had dinner and all of the rest of our meals at my Grandparent's house. The food was all so yummy and I am actually pretty proud of myself cause I didn't over do it! All the men folk went 4-wheeling that afternoon as well as Friday all day and Saturday afternoon. The weather was beautiful! They had a great time!
I can't believe it but me, my mom and some of my cousins went shopping on Black Friday! I vowed I would never do that! I went with a purpose though and accomplished my goal! I only bought one extra thing. I was pretty proud of myself! It was actually really fun! I think the funnest part was to just spend all day with my mom! I really miss her being this far away, and with Tom working weekends, we don't get to see each other as much as we would both like. Tom had to come home on Saturday morning for work that afternoon and I cried so hard when he left! I felt like an idiot, but I hate being without him! I was worried about him driving by himself and feeling a little guilty about not going with him and him not being able to stay!
Well, we had a family reunion for my Grandpa's brothers and sisters and their families and our family was in charge. It was simple but I think everyone had a good time! I was able to come home on Sunday with my cousins and that was a lot of fun, but it was great to be reunited with my hubby!
My mom had recently gotten copies of all of her and my dad's grandparents and parents old slides and she was able to get them on the computer and gave me a copy! Very neat! I love pictures! They are such a great history!
When we got home, Tim and Autumn invited us over for Sunday dinner! We gladly accepted and they had gotten one of our Christmas gifts early. They got us a LAPTOP COMPUTER! I was feeling so bad cause we couldn't get anything that nice for them, but they didn't care. They knew we needed it and wanted us to have it! They are so generous! We love it and it has been put to good use already! Thanks guys!
All in all we had a great time and everyone was safe! We realize that we have so much to be thankful for! We're truly grateful to all of you for your friendship!