Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween, or Something...

So, our Halloween was a little different! I knew I had to work all day and was on call that night! Tom had to work 3pm till 11pm. I knew that it would be better not to dress up very much, and I am SOOOOOO glad that I didn't! We had a lot of cases to do and some of them got a little messy, enough said! Well, I thought I would at least be able to get off around when it gets dark to go trick or treating with Tim, Autumn and Scott! Well, that idea got shot to crap! I was still at work around 9 pm and Tom called me and said that he had called an ambulance for Tim. They had gone to see Tom at work and show him Scott's costume and Tim started having chest pain that was worse than he had ever had! Scared Tom to death! So, of course this is right in the middle of a case and I was starting to tear up a bit! Tm has kinda become like a brother or something! He is a great friend! So, I composed myself, finished the case, and went to the ER to see what was going on! They released him shortly after I got there and said his heart was fine, but they wanted him to go have a stress test just to be sure! This is an outpatient procedure so we'll see what's going on when he has it done. Let me tell you though, they gave him morphine, and boy was he funny! So, I ran back to clean up the supposedly quick procedure my coworkers were doing, and they weren't downstairs cleaning up after the procedure so I ran upstairs to where the procedure was supposed to be done and they had done it once, and had to wait for the patient to have another procedure before we could start again! I left at 11:30 pm and Tom was waiting at home for me and Tim(drugged out as he was) and Autumn took us to dinner at like midnight! That was probably the funnest part of the day! Hope everyone else's Halloween was great!