Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Grandma Ipson!

Last night Tom's grandma passed away! She went so quickly and peacefully! Grandpa was able to come take her by the hand! She will be truly missed! She was Tom's grandma, but I felt her love for me too and I always truly appreciated that! The thing that I loved the most, was no matter what things she forgot with the dementia problems she had, she always knew me and knew my name even though I haven't been in the family for long! Grandma was such a giving, sweet, woman with the most amazing sense of humor! I loved to hear her stories, especially about how she met grandpa! When I first met her, I didn't know what to call her, and Rula just didn't seem right or respectful but I just couldn't think of what else to call her. Grandma just kinda fit! It was never wierd or awkward. My parents even called her grandma! I think the biggest reason for this was because she was the picture perfect grandma. She loved everyone and always wants to make sure everyone is doing okay. She would always help prepare what she could for our meals. I love my grandma's and think they are amazing women and I put her right there with them! She is amazing! I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation and know that I will be able to see her again and meet grandpa! She has been without him for over 26 years! That breaks my heart to think about! I can't imagine being without Tom for that long! I can imagine what a sweet reunion it was for them! I am so grateful to be sealed to her through my amazing husband! Families Can Be Together Forever! Thank you Grandma for all you have given me in the short time I've known you! I love you!

This is Grandma last Mother's Day in her home in Junction, UT.
I just have to add a little comment about the best mother-in-law EVER! This woman has shown me so much about selfless love and Christlike charity in all she does! She is such a strong person and loves people so much and loves helping people so much! I don't know how I got so lucky to marry into such an AMAZING family! The reason that I had to add my appreciation to her in my post is because she took care of Grandma for many years, since it wasn't safe for her to stay in her home alone! She made Grandma part of the family and served her with so much love!